There are organizations throughout the world devoted to brain injuries. Some are international, some are local, some are for professionals, some are for brain injured and their families and caregivers. Here are some links to help you find what you need.
See also Organizations for Caregivers.
- The International Brain Injury Association http://www.internationalbrain.org/
Providing education, support, advancing opportunities for brain injured people, and more.
- Head Injury Society of New Zealand http://www.head-injury.org.nz/
- The Brain Injury Association of America (BIA) http://www.biausa.org
With a mission to create a better future through brain injury prevention, research, education and advocacy, their website goes a long way to assist.
- Brain Trauma Foundation (BTF) http://www.braintrauma.org
BTF's goals include improving the outcome of brain trauma patients in the U.S., especially by establishing guidelines for professionals. They also offer education and clinical research programs. Their site also includes links to professional organizations and academic resources.
- The TBI Social Network Haven http://www.angelfire.com/ca/kktbisocialnetwork/
A support group for recovering traumatic brain injury survivors and their caregivers. Meetings in the Los Angeles area (Marina del Ray, California).